Welcome to International Division Portal !
The Indira Gandhi National Open University had extended its outreach beyond the borders of the country. International Division was established on 16th October 1997 as a Cell and was upgraded to a Division in 2002. The university entered into bilateral and multi-lateral cooperation and alliances and has now centres in 40 countries. The phenomenal growth of open and distance learning in the international arena is a testimony to the increasing demand for Indian higher education. The system has attracted learners by its unique features such as relaxed entry schedule, flexibility of time and space, its cost effective quality education, need-based professional courses and contextualized course-curriculum.
The main objectives of the division are:
- Promotion of IGNOU Programmes outside India.
- Establishment of bilateral and multi-lateral cooperation and exchanges.
- Offering IGNOU course material to foreign institutions/universities.
- Coordinating the training programmes for the personnel of Open Universities/Institutes outside India.
- Consultancies to newly established/ needy universities/ institutions outside India.
- Coordination of International programmes with the regional and international agencies.
- Providing pedagogical and technological support to Partner Institutions.
Disclaimer : This Site is subject to periodic update and revision. Materials should only be considered current as of the date of initial publication appearing thereon, without regard to the date on which you may access the information. IGNOU maintains the right to delete or modify information on this Site without prior notice.